Sunday, August 21, 2011

Orange DIY Shorts - Day 20

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yesterday was day 20 of my no shopping for 60 days challenge! I had a pair of skinny jeans from H&M that I accidentally washed with a black and white striped tank top and it stained the bottom of my pant leg. I didn't want to just throw them out because they were new and I had only worn them once. I decided to turn them into shorts and they actually turned out really cute (thanks to the help of my sister)



Here is my outfit for day 20:


Here are the pants BEFORE I cut them!

The finished product :)





Reading the morning paper at Starbucks :)

My lovely sister and my best friend!

A cute dog I took a picture with while walking around downtown. He was huge!

Top: F21
Pants: H&M - DIY Shorts
Shoes: F21
Necklace: F21
Purse: Dooney & Bourke - thrifted



Me and my hubby being silly :)

I love him!




I had to also share my sisters outfit because she is so cute and trendy! Everything she is wearing is from Urban Outfitters. She's a stylish little fox :)

Marc Jacobs Sunglasses

Vintage Louis Vuitton Purse

Brooklyn Industries hat

I had such a fun Saturday hanging out with my sister, husband and some very close friends! I love long summer days!

Ciao - Denise




13 comments:

SaoirseD said...

I think they look really nice as shorts :) Good job. Also your sisters top if fab and you both look quite alike :)
x
Saoirse

Karisa Marieee said...

Love how the shorts turned out!! They look great on you :)

That was a fun day!

Karisa <3

Maya said...

I love your outfits! Shorts is great I also like your shoes! <3

Kel said...

Love your diy shorts!

Lots of love from Sydney,

x Kel

cherry ripe time

Beatrice Balaj said...

No way! They look awesome! I need to do that with couple of other jeans I have.



Xoxo,

http://www.beatricebalaj.blogspot.com/

Mary and Dyer said...

OMG Wow! You did a great job!! I would have never known that they used to be jeans.

You are your hubs are super cute together too :)

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Gray Skies said...

These are both adorable outfits! I love your menswear-style shoes, and I love your sister's top!

The doll on fashion said...

You both look fab. Good job on the diy shorts too!

The doll on fashion

Michelle's Style File said...

Your new shorts look great! Love your style- following : )

x
Michelle
www.michellesstylefile.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Denise, these look great as shorts! Love it!

Jayme and Mendi said...

Love your shorts!! And your sister looks FAB too!!

We hope you (and your sister) enter our latest giveaway http://herlatenightcravings.blogspot.com/2011/08/august-giveaway.html

Jayme & Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

Miss Crys said...

Love those shoes!

Salha said...

Lovely fringed top!! :)

P.s. U can check out my blog, if u want!
www.thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

Newer Post Older Post