Monday, January 16, 2012

All Things New Sundays - reusable candle vases

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you have any used candle vases at home here is a quick and simple way to get all the wax out and get those vases looking new again:

IMG_5835-1

Step 1: Put the vases in the freezer for 24 hours
Step 2: Remove from freezer and shake upside down until the remaining wax comes out. If it doesn't come out you can use a knife and cut around the edges to break it loose.
IMG_5827

Step 3: Let the empty vases sit for about half an hour so they are not so cold to the touch anymore
Step 4: Put the vases in the dishwasher and wash with hot water 
(DO NOT PUT THE COLD VASES IN THE DISHWASHER WITH HOT WATER, THEY WILL CRACK! MAKE SURE THEY HAVE TIME TO REACH ROOM TEMPERATURE)
Step 5: Remove the vases from the dishwasher and you have like new candle vases/ holders to reuse again!

IMG_5832-1 


Normally I try to post my All Things New Sundays posts on Sunday but I spent much of my day yesterday on the couch snuggled in a warm blanket, drinking tea, and reading! I was not in the mood to be on the computer at all so here I am posting my Sunday post on Monday night. 

I hope your Monday gave you a good start to this week!



19 comments:

Teodora said...

Denise,

I am so glad you posted that today. I have not been using my glass candle holders because I did not know how to clean them.

Thank you so very much!

Teodora
teodoraslookbook.com

CottonCandyINK said...

OMG, i have been doing this for YEARS saves me so much money on glasses lol

Stephanie said...

Someone just told me to do this, and it worked so well!

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Yay I love learning new tricks!! Thanks my love!!

inmyhansonshirt said...

Oh, neat! Thank you for posting this!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

bevy said...

great tip! thanks.

Erin said...

what great tips! :) so simple too!

just me said...

so cool!
great tips. 10x

http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

Adele said...

Great tip about putting them in the freezer xoxo
http://www.intotheblonde.com/

artisthecure said...

ive been trying to work out how to do this for months! thankyou!!!!!.x

Mica said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I had no idea it would be so easy to clean them out! Need to try this soon, I have a few glass candle jars sitting around with wax in them still!


awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com

Vanilla - Notes from my closet said...

Great tips! getting the black smoke stains off glass is SO hard! definitely going to try the dishwasher :)

Love, Vanilla

Char! said...

great tip! X

Mamasita said...

GeNiUs!!! (and sitting on the couch with a warm blanket sounds heavenly!!!) :)
much love,
maggie

Kira said...

Wow, good tip. That worked so well!

Amber said...

thats a great tip. So many times, Ive just thrown the glass out cause I cant get the candle out

LaReK said...

Nice tip! I was thinking about this "problem" these days!

ElleAlice said...

ooh, thanks Denise! I've been wondering if I'd ever salvage one of my favorite votive candle vases ... I'm gonna give this a try asap!

http://elle-alice.blogspot.com/

lidia said...

thanks for sharing this!
now I can stop throwing all those candle vases away (:

Newer Post Older Post