Thursday, January 19, 2012

Our Home

I was looking through my photos the other day and came across these pictures of our home! I've never posted any pictures of our home on my blog before......

The living room:
IMG_7522

IMG_7519

IMG_7511

IMG_7515

This is what you see as you walk in through the front door. To the right is the kitchen and to the left is the family room:
IMG_7441

Our lovely little kitchen. These are the original cabinets from the 70's. All we did was repaint them and put new handles on:
IMG_7458

IMG_7457

IMG_7466

The nook where many delicious meals were served for friends and family. This is something I miss most about living in a home: having friends or family over EVERY night of the week!
IMG_7439

IMG_7437

The cozy family room. That big empty wall to the left is our projector wall. We had a projector mounted and that is how we watched movies and played WII Dance!
IMG_7432

IMG_7434

Our bedroom:
IMG_7526

Putting these doors up on our closet was our final project and you can see in these pictures, my husband had just put the doors up and we were still needing to repaint the room. You can see the office through the other door in the hallway. That is where all my crafts/scrap-booking happened:
IMG_7534

The lovely front yard and adorable red door. My husband maintained our yard, isn't he just amazing?!

IMG_7396

We love a mix of retro/contemporary style and we like to keep things simple. 

About 9-10 months ago we put this home up for rent and moved into a tiny apartment because my commute to work was about an hour each way during rush hour traffic.... after several years of commuting 2+ hours per day you get really tired of spending so much time in the car.

Here is our current living space. We fit some of our furniture into our little apartment while the rest sits in storage waiting for a new home:


Oh.... and I now walk to work!!! No more commute!

We started house hunting again and I am super excited to buy a new home and get to decorate all over again!!! Once we get a new home I'm sure I will have lots more projects to share with you!

Thanks for stopping by!!

45 comments:

zrno radosti said...

i love your house! it's so great! :)

seed-of-joy.blogspot.com

PAPS said...

Wow your house is so nice. It is sad that you had to put it up for rent and move to a apartment. Hope you find a place very soon.
www.thoughtsofpaps.com

Maya said...

Beautiful pictures,you decorated it very nice and cosy!

bevy said...

it's give and take in this world, but glad you got rid of the commute. more time on your hands instead of in a car seems better for you in the long run. your home was lovely. hopefully you can find something soon.

MyStyleVita said...

Gorgeous! Your black chairs are kick ass. I want one!

xoxo Jessica
www.mystylevita.com

CottonCandyINK said...

love it all, you guys have very good taste

Ms. Givens said...

I love it!
My house is dark gray too!

aislin said...

The modern look balanced out with the flooring and the gorgeous fireplaces is so pretty!

Mary Ann said...

I love the clean decorating style in your home - yet it's very cozy, too! Are those black chairs from Ikea? I have the same chair in white. Good luck in your new house search!
Also, I made 2 purse clutches and I'm giving away one on my blog - you can pick which size you like! Check out the giveaway here!

Sarah Frills4Thrills said...

will you guys please move to the Greenway neighborhood in SW Beaverton??? You may think I'm joking, but I'm totally not. Ian and I need another couple to be "on mission" with.

Ash Louise said...

Sooooo PRETTY! I LOVE LOVE LOVE how you've made it look :)

vintch said...

so cute:) the story behind the design was adorable, and i love that you've been able to create a home in your new place. i bet the commute is so much better now, great decision!

Vanilla - Notes from my closet said...

I love the way you have decorated your house! It's SO chic :)

Love, Vanilla

Kira said...

I love your house. The combo of greys in your living room are great!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Very nice space and you're so lucky you don't have to take mass transit! It can get old fast!

www.plentyforpennies.blogspot.com

LPFashionPhilosophy said...

Your blog is WAY too cute! We seriously love it and had a lot of fun browsing through these photos! Amazing, beautiful home!

ox,
-Davie+Erica
Wardrobe Stylists, NYC.

http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

Kristen Lam said...

Your house is beautiful. The decor is so simple and modern. Can't wait til I have my own!

www.kristenglam.blogspot.com

poziomka said...

Your home is really nice!
xoxo

Greetings from Texas! said...

I would miss that house too. Its beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Page Twenty-Two said...

That living room is amazing!!! I love the hardwood and the way you put the furniture - gorgeous!! Good luck with your house hunting!

Zeynep said...

Wow what a lovely decorated home! I really like your living room exactly your lovely one-sitting stools =)

http://zeynnepp.blogspot.com/

Erin said...

Your house is so awesome! :) I love the living room!!

Nikki said...

So cute!! I love the hardwoods!

Nikki
fashionsonthefly.blogspot.com

jackie mae said...

Awww such a cute house! LOVE the red door....and Wii Dance :)

Daria said...

wow, that is such an amazing place! loved everything, so cozy and modern

xxx
Daria

Char! said...

That was one adorable home! x

briannelee said...

Pretty! Love your couches.

PS. Enter my Poshlocket bracelet giveaway :)

http://brileeo.blogspot.com/2012/01/inspired-winner-another-giveaway.html

SHOP STYLE CONQUER said...

wow you have a really beautiful home!
x



shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com
shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

LaReK said...

WOW! So nice apartament! I'm decorating my home too! It's so good, I love it!

Kisses!

MACY said...

omg! super love your house..great interior!

Mary said...

Hi lovely,
I love your house.So cute and cozy!
I just found your blog...it's so nice!!
Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin and GFC?
Have a great day:)
Xoxo
Mary
Fashion tea at 5

J.Tomas Fashion said...

Nice Home!!!!!

Kaitlin Mattingly said...

your home has an awesome vibe to it.
so comfy! and modern

xoxo katlin
kaitgirl

Bravoe Runway said...

Denise your house is immaculate! WOW, when the first picture popped up I literally felt like I was looking at Architectural digest! You are one fantastic interior decorator and I look forward to your next home.

Paulina Mo said...

your house was so cute, elegant yet charming! One hour to work is a lot! good thing you can walk now!!
~Pau
www.lilbitsofchic.com

Life's a shoe said...

such a lovely home!

vanda said...

Your HOUSE is so great and well decorated!!! Many happy moments with your husband my dear!!!!

SHOEGAL said...

I have that huge Ikea mirror!

Such a shame you don't live there any more, it's an awesome house.

Adele said...

Your home looks lovely...good luck with the house hunting!
Happy weekend hun xoxo
http://www.intotheblonde.com/

The Jones said...

WHAT a beautiful home...you have a real knack for decorating (and the husband for yardwork)! LOVE the black and red kitchen...mine is the same colour scheme. Can't wait to see your new home whenever you find one!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Mica said...

Love the lights in your new apartment, really great design idea! Your house was beautiful too, lovely furniture :)


awayfromtheblue.blogspot.com

Fariha said...

what a nice house, so relaxed & modern xx
cantruninheels.blogspot.com

Julieta said...

Your house is so cozy and chic, I'm glad I stumble upon your blog, I'm following you now :D

xoxo Julieta

www.vjuliet.com

Schnelle said...

Your house is so cozy and so is your apartment. The commute sounds like it was a killer so I'm sure the pros outweigh the cons. When the time is right, you will find the right place:)

Patti Graveley said...

the house is lovelyyy! i hope you find the house of your dreams :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...