Thursday, March 22, 2012

DIY - Cake Stand Flower Arrangement

Here is a little DIY floral arrangement that is fun for parties or just as a beautiful table centerpiece in your home. I made this for my friends baby shower last week. Surprisingly it was really easy and the flowers stayed fresh for about four days after making it!

IMG_6588

You will need some flowers, floral foam, a cake stand and a pointy object that is about the size of the stems of the flowers you are using:

IMG_6543

1. Soak the Floral Foam in cold water until moist.
2. Use the pointy object to poke holes in the foam where you want the flowers to be placed. I found that poking the holes prevents me from wasting a lot of flowers that break when I try to push them into the foam.
3. Use remaining small flowers to fill in the gaps where foam is still showing and do this until the foam is completely covered.

IMG_6545

Beautiful finished product:

IMG_6645

Happy Thursday!

13 comments:

Anna Elder said...

This is so cute! I always forget to get floral foam when I'm trying to get creative. I need to remember so I can do something like this. New to your blog!

www.andeverythingniceblog.com

Cátia Rodrigues said...

The final result it's amazing!

rachelizabeth said...

This is beautiful, such a good idea! xxx

Please may I? said...

That is so pretty.

X x

Kira said...

Such a cute idea!

Shels415 said...

What a great DIY! Funny I went thrifting yesterday and saw something similar but with fake flowers.

XOXO
Shels
http://followyourbliss4ever.blogspot.com/

Kaitlin said...

what a darling idea for a sweet little center piece(:
and i love the bright pretty colors.

xo kaitlin
kaitgirl

jas said...

great idea, pinning it!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Laura Go said...

love it! so easy and cute!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Nadia said...

wauw how creative! good job

The Jones said...

Next time i have a house party, I'm DEFINITELY doing this...it makes for a lovely centrepiece!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Nikki said...

I love this! I'm going to have to do it for my kitchen table!!

Nikki
Fashionsonthefly.blogspot.com

Joseph said...

I have seen in marriage hall they decorate flowers with this methods.
send gifts to pakistan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...