Thursday, October 11, 2012

DIY Pendleton Scarf

 Hello lovelies, Jade here! The creative behind style blog 'Jade Rose Blog' where I post about my wardrobe styling, daily outfits, behind the scenes of photo shoots and the bridal fashion world. I'm so excited to be here!

 Supplies:  Scrap Pendleton wool- I got a 12 pound bag of Pendleton wool blanket scraps for $25.00 at the factory in Pendleton, Oregon. Best craft purchase ever!

Step 1: Lay the wool flat and cut to your desired length. (I just wrapped the wool scrap around my neck twice to get the length I wanted).

Step 2: Trim the edges of the Pendleton wool, removing fringe and other colors of wool that were attached at one point.

Step 3: Make sure you've cut off all colors and pieces of the scarf that do not belong (evenly I might add) and prepare the edges for finishing.

Step 4: Your finished edge should look similar to this, you have several options for finishing the hem of a wool scarf. You can pink the edges, hand stitch around the hem, or leave it raw as I did. (which is the easy way out ;)

And Voila! 
 (My youngest sis modeling the DIY!)
Follow me on Facebook for weekly behind the scenes activity on my job in the fashion world!


Olivia said...

super cute!

Kira said...

I really need to buy myself some Pendleton scraps. I keep seeing cute things people are making with them.

the creation of beauty is art. said...

This looks fantastic!

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Great idea!! I love Pendleton's stuff, and it's great to use smaller pieces of it sometimes--don't always want a blanket or coat. ;) I LOOOOVE that outlet store, too. I think I have some scraps somewhere, still... gotta try this!


excellent work ^_^

- ♥♥♥ -

Cambria said...

Love this's a super casual but chic scarf...really reminds me of European street style!

<3 Cambria

Newer Post Older Post