Saturday, December 29, 2012

Homemade Granola in Mason Jars

IMG_3129
 
This year we gave out mason jars filled with homemade granola to our family and neighbors as little Christmas gifts.
I love the idea of giving a handmade gift not only for Christmas, but for any occasion!
Here's my version of homemade granola.
 
{Note: this recipe makes enough granola to fill about 8 medium sized mason jars}
 
Dry Ingredients:
9 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups sliced almonds (you can also add dried fruit/nut/seeds if you like)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon
2 teaspoons salt
IMG_3072
 
Wet Ingredients:
1 cup of honey
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup olive oil
IMG_3092
 
Other items:
Mason jars
Items to decorate/wrap the mason jars in
IMG_3071 IMG_3126
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
In a large bowl mix together old fashioned oats and almonds.
In a separate bowl mix together olive oil, honey and vanilla extract. Stir until well mixed.
Add the liquid ingredients to the oats & almonds and mix very well.
Untitled-1
 
Next, add the remaining dry ingredients which are brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix very well.
 
Untitled-2
 
**Make sure all ingredients are mixed together evenly
 
IMG_3111
 
Spread the granola evenly onto a cookie sheet or baking pan
 
IMG_3115
 
Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes stirring/flipping the granola every few minutes to avoid burning.
The granola should be golden brown when done.
Let the granola cool for about 5-10 minutes before moving it into the mason jars.
The granola will stay fresh for about 2 weeks if kept in an airtight container (like the mason jars)
IMG_3121
Untitled-3 IMG_3151

Enjoy!

20 comments:

SIENA.STYLE said...

great idea!!i love home made granola:)
kisses from Milano and have a great holiday:)
http://sienastyle.blogspot.it

Nikki H said...

YUM!! Looks so good!

Nikki
Fahsionsonthefly.blogspot.com

the creation of beauty is art. said...

What a cute (and delicious) gift idea!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

oomph. said...

great idea! mason jars are the best...as packaging, it makes everything cuter!

[oomph.]

Cambria said...

This looks sooooo tasty...I have a fav family recipe for vanilla granola...should totally give it as gifts next year!

<3 Cambria
jupefashion.blogspot.com

Check out my flatiron GIVEAWAY!!!

olviya@servingsisters.com said...

Such a cool idea! Who doesn't like homemade granola?!? :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I am sure this article has touched all the internet visitors, its really really good post on building up new blog.



Look at my web page; http://slc-wireless.com/

Anonymous said...

Excellent website you have here but I was wanting to know if you
knew of any message boards that cover the same
topics discussed in this article? I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get responses from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know. Thanks a lot!

my web page ... Air Max Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

I am sure this paragraph has touched all the internet users, its really really fastidious post
on building up new website.

My site: Cheap Jerseys

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. Personally, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

my web-site Abercrombie & Fitch

Anonymous said...

This page certainly has all the info I needed about this
subject and didn't know who to ask.

My page Air Jordan Pas Cher

Anonymous said...

Wonderful goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff
previous to and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you're stating and the way in which you say it.
You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise.
I can not wait to read far more from you. This is actually a great
website.

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Wholesale Jerseys

Anonymous said...

Hello it's me, I am also visiting this web site daily, this web page is actually good and the viewers are genuinely sharing good thoughts.

Also visit my web page ... Gafas De Sol Oakley

Anonymous said...

Hi there just wanted to give you a quick heads up and let you know a few of the pictures aren't loading properly. I'm not sure why but I think its a
linking issue. I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.

my blog post - get more info

Anonymous said...

Somebody necessarily lend a hand to make significantly articles I might state.
That is the first time I frequented your website page and
up to now? I amazed with the research you made to
make this particular post amazing. Fantastic task!


Check out my weblog - Oakley Holbrook

Anonymous said...

It's wonderful that you are getting ideas from this article as well as from our dialogue made at this time.

Also visit my blog; http://www.uudoubleu.com

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly useful & it helped me out much. I'm hoping to give one thing again and help others such as you aided me.


Have a look at my web site www.museudosbrinquedos.com.br

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...