Friday, April 19, 2013

Project "prepare for baby" remodel {phase one}

Advertisement
Advertisement
Untitled-1 IMG_4203 Untitled-2 IMG_4207

Phase one is in progress: demolition!

These pictures were taken over a week ago so the shower and a few of these walls have since been torn out. I'm a little behind on blogging these days :)

Before we began the demolition, the attic had:
*A master bedroom which was open (no doors, it was more loft style) with a master bath and a huge dressing area and a small walk-in closet.
*A second bedroom which we used as our office
(It was a horrible layout w/ lots of wasted dead space and did I mention the horrible wall paper?)

The new floor plan will include:
*The nursery with a walk in closet
*A laundry room (so I don't have to go up and down 3 flights of stairs to the basement where the main laundry room is!)
*A loft area/reading corner (thrilled about this!)
*Our master bedroom/master bath/larger walk in closet

Here is a little image of our new floor plan:



We remodeled the main floor in early fall 2012.
See some details on this post here.
Our house has a total of four bedrooms so we will be moving the office downstairs and the other bedroom will become a guest bedroom.
It will be nice to have our bedroom and the nursery seperate from the rest of the house!

We have an electrician coming in next week to do our electrical.
Next on the list after that is the plumbing.
Then drywall and then the fun part: paint, tile, light fixtures, vanities, doors, etc!
This weekend we hope to start shopping for all the things we want in our new space.

I'm excited to see it all come together and have a new, fresh living space for our new baby coming in September <3

More updates to come!

Have a wonderful weekend!

xo, Denise

 

10 comments:

Shannon Boyce said...

Oh gosh, I am sure that it will turn out great!
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Schnelle said...

So exciting! The new floor plan looks great. I love the idea of having the washer & dryer upstairs.

Simply LKJ said...

Wow! You guys have a lot going on. Can't wait to see the progress.

Anonymous said...

Hello to every one, because I am truly keen of reading this web site's post to be updated regularly. It includes good information.

My webpage :: Louis Vuitton Handbags

Anonymous said...

This post gives clear idea for the new people of blogging,
that truly how to do running a blog.

Also visit my website: Louis Vuitton Outlet

Anonymous said...

With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or
copyright violation? My website has a lot
of completely unique content I've either authored myself or outsourced but it seems a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my authorization. Do you know any ways to help stop content from being ripped off? I'd definitely
appreciate it.

Feel free to visit my page Louis Vuitton Outlet Online

Kira said...

Sounds like a perfect set up once you have it all complete!

eliz said...

Wow tons of work but it will look great!

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!

my weblog: Louis Vuitton Bags

Anonymous said...

Yes! Finally something about rood.

Also visit my blog post :: Louis Vuitton Outlet

Newer Post Older Post