Wednesday, May 1, 2013

{Pregnancy halfway mark #20weeks}

Advertisement
Advertisement
I was sitting at my desk at work today and suddenly felt a funny fluttering feeling in my stomach.
At first I thought it was maybe just indigestion but it kept happening and felt different than anything I'd ever felt before!
I then realized it was the baby kicking me!
I put my hands over my lower belly and actually felt fluttering in there!
It was the most amazing thing!
All that pregnancy sickness I had for the first 16 weeks was worth it for this moment... and the moments to come.
IMG_4362
IMG_4357 IMG_4364
At 20 weeks, I am officially halfway through my pregnancy!
Baby boy is around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel - the length of a banana - growing so fast!
I'm feeling much better these days.
On Saturday I was able to help my husband do some yard work and we even went on a bike ride around the neighborhood - don't worry; we took the quiet roads and kept a safe slow pace!
I'm craving LOTS of cold, fresh fruit these days - in particular watermelon.
To keep healthy and active I've been walking about an hour a day.
My belly is growing much faster each week and I'm finding that I am much more comfortable in maxi dresses on these warm spring days.
{We are expecting 80 degree weather this week - wohoo!}
Baby, we love you so much already!
We are counting the days until we get to see you!
Keep on kicking and being active - daddy's excited to start playing all kinds of sports with you!
via


7 comments:

Schnelle said...

Oh it's the best feeling in the world, isn't it?! You're going to miss it a little once he's here too. You look great:)

Ale said...

Aww, I loved this. You look so pretty and I always love when women wear dresses during their pregnancy. I can't wait to one day feel that fluttering feeling when the baby kicks. Take care. :)

Greetings from Texas! said...

so sweet! congrats!

Simply LKJ said...

So precious. Those really are some of the wonderful things you will remember. You look amazing!

Kira said...

You look great! It won't be too long before you start to see the baby moving from the outside. I honestly had no idea that happened until I watched my belly move around one day. It's kind of strange, but still pretty cool ;)

Susannah said...

Awww... How special to feel him kick! You look lovely. :-)

Adventures in Dressmaking said...

Congratulations!!!

That dress is so pretty, too. Love the high/low skirt over a pregnant belly!

Newer Post Older Post