We love pancakes and they are a Saturday morning staple in our home.
I've shared my favorite Banana Pancake
and wanted to share another favorite of ours: Lemon Zest Buttermilk Pancakes!
These are so fluffy and delicious and best of all, easy to make!
2 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
3 tbsp sugar or 1 tbsp stevia
Zest of 1 large lemon
3.5 cups buttermilk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs (lightly beaten)
3 tbsp melted butter plus extra to coat your skillet
1. Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda & sugar or stevia in a medium bowl to combine.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, vanilla extract, eggs, lemon zest and melted butter.
3. Add flour mixture to the buttermilk mixture and mix until thoroughly combined.
4. Allow the batter to sit for about 5 minutes. It should be fluffy and a little thick (not runny or watery). If the batter is too thick, you can add a little more buttermilk.
5. Heat a large skillet or griddle and grease with extra butter.
6. I use one medium-large soup ladle full of batter for each pancake. Cook each pancake until bubbles begin to appear - then flip and cook the other side until golden brown.
Mmmmm so delicious!
Checkout more of my delicious recipes HERE
Labels: banana pancakes, breakfast, delicious, From My Kitchen, home cooking, Pancakes, Recipes