This is one of my favorite pasta recipes.
It is easy and pretty much fool proof!
- 6 large boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb pasta (angel hair is my favorite but you can use any pasta you like)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large clove minced garlic
- 1-2 large lemons (separate lemon zest in one bowl & lemon juice in another bowl)
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Wash the chicken and place in a large bowl
2. Season with salt, pepper, parsley and lemon zest
3. Add 1/2 of the minced garlic and mix well by hand until all of the chicken is evenly coated/seasoned.
4. Place chicken in a large baking pan and cook for 1 hour or until juice runs clear. Cook covered for first 45 minutes, then cook uncovered for remaining time.
5. While the chicken is baking, cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
6. In a small bowl, mix the remaining lemon juice with minced garlic. Mix well & set aside.
8. Add the cooked pasta and stir until it is evenly coated in butter
9. Add the lemon juice and garlic mixture and the remaining parsley. Mix well until pasta is evenly coated.
10. Remove pasta and all juices from skillet and place the cooked chicken breast on top.
11. Garnish with extra parsley if desired and serve!
This dish is sure to please!