These are the products I use every single day. I have others but these are my daily go to's in the order I apply them to my face:
- Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel - HERE
- Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer - HERE
- CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion - HERE
- Neutrogena Healthy Skin Custom Glow Bronzer in "Sunrise Glow" - HERE
- CoverGirl Blush in "Soft Mink"- HERE
My favorite brand of jeans are 7 For All Mankind and BDG. I get them from Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack and Urban Outfitters.
3. What do you use to edit your photos?
I use Photoshop! My husband gave me a few tuturials and I've watched a bunch of videos on youtube. I'm certainly no expert so I also use the Florabella Collection Photoshop Actions for some of my photos as well.
4. What is it like to be moving into your first home?
Very exciting!! The packing and loading part is not so fun; it takes forever and is extremely tiring. However, the unpacking and decorating part is a blast! It's a great feeling knowing you are not renting but living in a home that actually belongs to you and can make it your own. You really feel at "home" and it's such a fun, secure and safe place. It's also fun to have a backyard and be able to host fun parties and events. Oh and I don't want to forget to mention the part about having room for a family... :)
5. How do you keep your hair looking so strong, silky and healthy?
I honestly don't really do anything special to my hair to make it extra shiny or smooth. I have naturally straight and thick hair (thanks to my mama who also has the same hair). However, I also don't do anything extreme that would damage it either! I have only died my hair once (in 2012 I had Ombre done) and I avoid curling it everyday. You probably noticed from my posts that I don't curl my hair very often. Here is my daily hair routine:
- I wash my hair each morning to keep it clean, fresh and fluffy. I use Beauty Without Cruelty shampoo & conditioner. I buy it online HERE. It is all natural and not tested on animals. It is also not oil or wax based so it won't make your hair feel oily or weigh it down.
- Next I Spray TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for a Day thickening spray on my roots (while hair is still wet) - find it HERE.
- I then brush and blowdry my hair upside down until completely dry
- Lastly, I quickly straighten the front and top layers to smooth it out
If I get enough requests, I'll do a hair tutorial video.
6. I love your blog header, did you design it yourself?
No, my sweet husband did when I first started blogging. He is in IT so he is really good with web design and things like that. He designed it one day and surprised me!
7. What do you do for a living?
I am the Accounting Manager at a local IT Company in Portland, OR where I live. When I'm not working for a "living" I'm blogging, crafting, working on our new home, with friends and family, or spending lots of time out and about exploring our city with my husband. We are always doing something and I love it.
8. What is your favorite store/place to shop?
I don't have one favorite place to shop. However, I live in Portland, OR and I have to say that we have some of the BEST thrift shops I've ever seen! I'm a major thriftaholic and there are a few in the area that I love going to. Other than thrift shops, I love Nordstrom Rack. I find lots of cute designer items at great prices! I also love Anthropologie, that is probably my all time favorite!
9. Who takes your photos and what kind of camera do you use?
My husband takes 95% of my photos since I am with him 95% of the time! If I'm not with him they are taken by one of my friends, sister, or brother. My mom has taken my pictures a time or two... can't forget to give her some credit :)
I use a Cannon Rebel t3i and just love it! It's easy to use and is an awesome camera. Find it HERE.
10. What do you first notice when you meet a new person, and what you find to be the most attractive attributes in others?
When I first meet someone I notice their body language. I feel like this says so much about a person and can either draw me in to get to know them, or push me away! I also notice a big smile :) One of the reasons I fell in love with my husband is that he smiles almost ALL the time! It is contagious!
The two most attactive attributes I love to see in others are genuine kindness and generosity. Imagine if we were all a little kinder and more generous :)
11. Do you know the fashion colors for autumn and winter clothes/shawls and knitting fashion?
Personally I love browns, mustard yellow, olive green and different shades of orange in the autumn & winter. I like to match my wardrobe to the seasons and autumn/winter remind me of falling leaves and warm nights by the fireplace!
12. I was wondering what inspired you to start this wonderful blog? Like was it a friend that inspired you or some kind of role model? I guess that's my question.
I started a blog when I first got engaged but it only lasted a few months before the business of planning a wedding kicked in! I then got married and was finishing my Masters Degree so I had no time for blogging at all. My good friend Domnika started a blog last year and it inspired me to begin blogging again too! I then realized a few of my other girlfriends also have blogs! It's been so fun to blog and have this as an outlet for my little projects and things I love!